Saturday, March 04, 2006


I've decided to work on this one first, I backed it with a dark sage green felt, as it looked the most like the prairie grasses. I'm laying down a layer of stitches, the thread is a linen rayon blend I do believe. It smells and feels like linen but is incredibly soft. It could be a cotton linen blend. I have a bunch of spun grasses, and paper that I plan to stitch on top of the first layer of stitches. I haven't decided what to do with the buffalo yet, I may add a layer of quillwork, I'm leaving it for last as I'm not a hundred percent sure. What I keep telling myself is if I mess it up this is the one piece that I can definately recreate, well with the exception of the hand-dyed threads.  Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Dale Anne said...

Ok Kimberley - its all your fault!
I have begun to look more at using brown paper as a base for some ideas I've had sitting waiting for inspiration........and now it feels like I have to them NOW and using brown paper.
Who would have thought quilters using brown paper????
GREAT INSPIRATION KIMBERLEY - THANKS!!!