Thursday, March 02, 2006

Kirry Toose

Recieved the latest issue of Quilting Arts magazine today, the artist profile is of Kirry Toose from Australia. Her work is incredibly interesting, difinately what I would consider art.

I notice that while folks were talking about the portrait challenge quilts (most have had their QA mag for over a week now) on the Quilt Art list not a single one of them mentioned this artist. I wonder if it confuses them?

I saw her work in a magazine recently but cannot find the link again. If I do I'll post it later. Google Kirry's name an many sites come up. I think the magazine was called "Fairie" Wonderful costumes and uses of fibers but some rather odd thinking. But I suppose for some living in a fairie world is stress relieving.

3 comments:

MargaretR said...

I also love Kirry's works of art. She is a very clever lady.

Ola said...

You can find Kirry's work on the atasda site under member's profiles. I am sure you will love this site. I have been lucky enough to do a few workshops with Kirry, through Bonnie Begg who organises the workshops in Canberra. Kirry's work is always exquisite, both inside and out.

Ola said...

Ooops forgot to put in the addy for the site - sorry about that. Its - http://www.atasda.org.au