Monday, March 27, 2006

Studio Clean Up

I started cleaning the wet studio again today, I have to clean an area so I can actually dye fabric. And there's nothing like being down for a couple of weeks to make you realize how bad the "stack and pile" can really get. I have stuff sitting everywhere! What really gripes me is the fact that I've lost a piece of fabric I dyed, lavender Silk Crepe de Chine with natural dyes. I've looked every where for it and still don't know where I put the stuff. It's for a new series that I'm now chomping at the bit to get underway.

I've had some time to think about life, the business, the state of my studio, school. I've come to the conclusion that I do want to finish my degree, so one I have if I need it someday, and two it just looks good on paper, and third I've come this far it'd be stupid to not finish them off at this point. Studio it is my love my passion, now to make it profitable in a way so that I'm not just another monkey grinding a cheap tune on my organ.

I've been watching cooking shows while I was down for the count, and I'm learning a lot! Like for instance it's really hard to smile, tell people what you are doing all while your doing a certain task. Maybe some people are born naturals in front of a camera, but I would appear to be coming across as hostile, when in fact I am not. We will see what my students think of this this week. It has been suggested that I do the taping without sound and then do a voice over later, I may have to do just that, taping involves too many things that I'm not up to at this point. Practice practice practice! That's what those old nuns used to drill into our heads. Practice leads to perfection.

Now to find that fabric.

No comments: