Friday, March 07, 2008

Malus sylvestris

Indigo Dye Raw Muga Silk Yarn
Indigo dye scrim etc.
Raw Muga Silk Yarn
Scrim, cheesecloth, etc.
I just love that name Malus sylvestris! It's so close to malice, it makes me think of trees could have malice, well it kinda leads one's mind to old children's fairey tales of walking in the woods and tree limbs suddenly reaching down and grabbing frightened unsuspecting children! It also makes me think of little trolls hiding around every corner.

Anyway, as per Nan's suggestion I've been dyeing parts for my quilt with natural dyes, indigo, quebracho black, and quebracho red onto cheese cloth, scrim, raw silk muga yarns, wool yarns, and more. The scrim came dyed a drab color, I picked it up at Hancock's years ago and have no idea where to purchase more. The cheesecloth I found in my stash of fabrics.

No comments: