Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Passion

Well I think I might be getting my groove back, after being royally screwed over this spring! I've been spending a lot of time out in the woods, mostly identifying native prairie plants, getting new ideas for cloth, artwork, etc. When I'm not in the woods I'm in my garden pulling weeds or trying to get the plants into the ground. You can see what I've been up to at my nature blog Thistle Quill.

Tomorrow, if the wind isn't blowing I'll be cleaning fleeces of burrs and other vegetable matter and preparing them for washing. I may even start some fabric to rusting and composting. It's that time of year again to start thinking about dye pots, solar dyeing, and the like. Summer does has it's usefulness after all, I think it goes without saying I'm a winter person.

No comments: