Monday, June 23, 2008

Visual Library Part 2

I will set up a still life in my studio from time to time, I spend a lot of time studying the pieces, and rearranging them. Do I draw them? No, I just enjoy them but there is a lot to be learned from them by simply having them around.

Organize your collections, I picked up inexpensive trays (2.99 each) at my Salvation Army.

I picked these up at a yard sale, they reminded me of my trip to California.

A walk in the woods and I found these lovely gandodermas!

Found along the road in California.

And then theres the collections and I don't mean wealthy millionare collections I mean crazy like a fox collections! I collect bark, pinecones, lichens, fungi, rocks, fabric bits and some vintage items, but it's always about texture and form.

No comments: